How Milk from Northern Dawn Goats is Handled
We at Northern Dawn take our goat health and the safety of your milk very seriously.
- We shave the gals' udders and clean the udders with either baby wipes or wipes dipped in an essential oil wash
- Does' udders and our hands are dry while milking, to ensure that your milk is clean
- Milk is strained shortly after milking
- Milk is quickly chilled to ensure that the milk will taste nice and fresh
- Our herd is on Dairy Herd Improvement milk testing. Through this testing, Somatic Cell Count is taken on each doe monthly
- Very soon we hope to also implement bacteria testing routinely as well, on the milk
- We also hold a valid Utah Food Handler's Permit, which we believe is very important since we handle the milk.
Goat Shares still available
We have shares still available We have very faithful Shareholders in our herd, and appreciate them very much! :-D
Soon the Northern Dawn herd will have available milk test information, for your viewing. We feel this is very important for your understanding of milk safety. We are also in the process of building our new milk facility.